AKA: Search Engine Marketing by Women in Ecommerce™
According to Wikipedia, “Search engine marketing, (SEM), is a form of Internet marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs) – SEM is utilizing various means of “marketing” a website in order for it to become more relevant in regard to search engine searches and their rankings.”
Here are Five Tips by Women in Ecommerce™ to Greater Success in SEM that do not cost a fortune:
1. CREATE A BUZZ! Use the NEWS to drive traffic to your site – launching something new, win an award or celebrating a milestone in business? Write a media release about it and post it on media sites around the web. Post in your online industry newsletters, put in your media room and in your own newsletters. This strategy can increase your chances of getting top positioning on search pages.
2. TO PODCAST OR NOT TO PODCAST? Podcasting your news can help drive more relevant traffic to your site. Convert your media releases to podcasts and post to your site. Put links in your advertising both online and offline to drive traffic to the podcast. Great to increase natural search results.
3. BLOG ON! – Write a blog – add content on a regular basis, link your blog to your website, better yet, host your blog ON YOUR WEBSITE and watch your traffic grow.
4. KEYWORDS ARE THE KEY! Pay attention to the keywords people use to find you, capitalize on them, use them in all your online marketing including media releases, advertising and blogs.
5. WRITE WHITE! – Offer a free whitepaper, special report, ebook or ecourse when they land on your site. Excellent way to drive traffic AND increase your database.