Top 10 B2B Uses for Mobile Marketing
To help you see the many ways Mobile can be utilized in a B2B environment, I thought I would provide 10 B2B Mobile use tips to help you get started with incorporating Mobile into your company’s overall marketing strategy. The following are ideas for ways in which Mobile can be utilized as part of a B2B marketing/communication strategy:
1. News/Updates – Important and time-sensitive customer updates can be sent directly to your opted-in clients using SMS (text) messaging. Further, people like being ahead of the crowd and being among “the first” to know something; send your customers updates about product launches, product updates or upcoming events. Consider a news text like a micro-newsletter with bite-size updates.
Read more at Marketing New Technology
Mobile Marketing: 56 MUST Have Facts
Mobile marketing is on three out four marketer’s plans for 2011 according to Forrester Research. Unlike other forms of digital marketing, mobile marketing involves a layer of complexity due to the difference in platforms and devices. To help you understand this evolving marketplace, here are 56 mobile marketing facts including 23 charts. Each point is based on market research and can guide your marketing plans.
1. Mobile is ramping up faster than other technologies. Mary Meekerpredicts that 2012 will be the smartphone inflection point.
2. Women are more likely to get an iPhone while men are more likely to get an Android according to The Nielsen Company.
3. The top ten app categories for 2010′s fourth quarter based on page views were games, social networking, music and entertainment, mail/messaging, education/employment, weather, sports, maps, news/current events, and travel, according to Millennial Media.
Read more at Heidi Cohen’ Blog
Mobile marketing resources: links to the most useful places on the Web
Like us, you probably need your research information fast. Let us take the strain: check out our library of ultra-useful mobile-marketing links. We’ve compiled for you some of the mobile industry’s top….
• News and views
• Mobile search engines
• Mobile directories
• Guidelines, white papers and case studies
• Research, analysis and statistics
• Must-attend events
• Forums and user groups
• Associations and institutions
Read More and get the links to these resources at MobiThinking
Did you know? When leaving the home, the two most common possessions people claim to need are their car keys and their mobile phone. (Don’t leave home without it!)