The Internet offers a variety of untold business opportunities.
You can become a part of someone else’s enterprise or create a business of your own. There are many advantages to starting an online business. Here are the top Internet business ideas to help you find that appropriate niche you are looking for.
Every day people search the Internet for all sorts of opportunities. With this economy, the number one search is for ways to make money with low startup costs. Much of the basic equipment needed to begin Internet businesses can be found in your home right now. If you have a computer with a high-speed Internet connection, a telephone, a desk, and a printer, you can get started immediately.
1. Blogging. This is the way to create an online presence without the technical issues of owning your own website (that comes later). Most blogs are offered with free hosting and come with already installed features so set up is easy. Blog about anything that you find interesting and will also be interesting to readers in your target audience. A blog with a niche will perform better than a personal one. Blogs can also make money by incorporating and implementing programs like Google Adwords, AdSense and affiliate marketing. Pay per Click advertising can also work for generating revenue.
2. Online research. Anyone who can navigate the Internet and find out almost anything, can market themselves as an Internet researcher. Companies both large and small will pay you to find and uncover information for them and create reports based upon that research.
3. Selling products. If you have a hobby like making and selling crafts you can expand your business online with a website. Set up a website that caters to your product offerings. Market these products online to drive traffic to your website. Use sites like etsy to further promote your products.
4. Selling on eBay. You can set up shop and sell products you create or items you own that you want to sell. Millions of people now make a living selling on eBay. As your business grows, you can expand to involve other product markets.
5. Freelancing. Many online and offline businesses are looking for help. Freelancers lower the overhead of the company thus becoming more profitable for companies rather than hiring someone to work in the office. Market and hire yourself as a freelance writer, graphic artist, website designer or programmer or other skills that are marketable.
6. Virtual assistant. Virtual assistants are important support systems for many businesses. In the beginning, virtual assistants performed the administrative duties of a company from their home. Now, VA’s can be found in all career specialties like medical, real estate, marketing and publishing. They perform tasks above administrative such as website administrator, report creation and Internet research.
7. Membership sites. Membership sites are hot these days. With a membership site, you choose a niche, such as online marketing. Customers pay to join at a certain level (gold, silver, bronze) and are rewarded with certain perks for their membership that can include newsletters, videos or articles on marketing and services to help expand their own business. You create the website and supply the materials yourself or through outsourcing each month to your members.
This list can kick-start your online business endeavor and take you to the next level of making money online.
Did you know? If you are a Member of Women in Ecommerce you can grab a copy of the Business Startup Checklist. Grab your copy when you Login to the member dashboard or Join us today!